Wednesday, July 12, 2006

ESPY'S party @ The Roosevelt




In the normal world last night was a Tuesday night, but in Hollywood it was another excuse for a lavish party, for...um...something to do with sports and vodka... There were several ESPY's parties held across Hollywood including the playboy mansion and notorious celeb hangout the Roosevelt, which is where I ended up.

Some highlights included:

Bai Ling dancing like she was having a psychotic episode.

Nick Lachey having 3 huge men shield him from people looking at him.

Seeing Vanessa Minnillo, who is quite possibly one of the most beautiful people i have ever seen.

Matthew Mcconaughey arriving in old Levis and a tee shirt because, well, he can.

Tracey Morgan trying to hit on every girl there, literally.

Haley Joel Osment all grown up.

Vanessa Minnillo eventually getting totally wasted and falling all over the dancefloor, including nearly spilling her drink on me.

DJ AM's amazingly eclectic set, took me a while to get into it but the more I think about it I really like his style.

Busta Rhymes CRAZZZY performance

Finally hearing Justin Timberlake's new single "Sexyback" which I am now playing on loop, song of the summer for sure.

My sources from the other parties tell me that the playboy mansion was the expected debauchery with celebs such as...um..Nick and Aaron Carter taking part.

But the true celeb hotspot of the night, which came as a bit of a surprise to everyone, was the new Karaoke night at Guy's which drew in Nicole Richie, Lindsay Lohan, Mary Kate Olsen and Kirsten Dunst...well, I know where I'll be next Tuesday..

Finally I couldn't post without the requisite red..actually blue... carpet pic of me and my friend Omid with our free gift bags of sports magazines (which i don't like) and vodka (which I don't like) Well, I guess it's the thought that counts, and the bags are a nice colour blue!

Yes, I am wearing my requisite cap, but luckily not my aged Rolling Stones shirt.

Oh, and the gansgtafied peace pose seemed like a good idea at the time!