Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Jennifer Kita - Angel

Real Name: Jennifer Kita
DOB : XX-XX-1978?
Star Sign: Libra
Height: 5'3"
Favourite Food: Japanese Food
Favourite Color: Green
Music she likes : Hip Hop, Reggae and Neo Soul

Gwen's Definition: angel (an€jel) n.
1. One of the celestial beings attendant upon God.
2. A kind a loveable person.
3. The love who watches over me.
4. Slang. Someone who doesn't get caught.
5. Cute little booger nose on my shoulder.
6. Wings that flutter

About Angel: Angel is the oldest of the group. She's the only member of the Harajuku Girls who was not born in Japan. Angel has a cute smile ^____^

About Jenny
Jenny grew up in Torrance, L.A where she began her early dance training in ballet, tap and jazz. Following high school, she moved to San Diego where she explored the style of hip-hop dance at various dance studios and at Mesa College.

Jenny furthered her dance and performance experience as a member of the internationally known troupe Culture Shock San Diego for 2 years. In 2001, Jenny joined the San Diego based dance company UrbanFX as a staff member and dance member.

While on UrbanFX, she not only contributed her dancing skills, but also her fashion sense as the company's stylist. Now living in her hometown of Torrance, Jenny is a part of Funkanometry Dance Company. Music, fashion, and art are her biggest interests outside of dance.

Interveiw with Angel

"Hey what's up I'm Angel and I'm with the Harajuku Girls. I'm from L.A, I was born and raised there. I started dancing when I was three, like ballet and tap, but I really didn't start dancing Hip Hop until I moved to San Diego and I started dancing for a performing Hip Hop crew.
I first realised that I was part of Gwens' fantasy world when I was in Amoeba records (a store) on Sunset, I was walking down the asle, the racks of CDs just turned into bushes.



Then this maze appeared and the walls were made of bushes. Then I see this white rabbit run by, then Gwen Stefani's following it and I'm like, "What the heck is she doing here, this's crazy!?!". Of course I was curious, I had to run after them and I started chasing her and she was chasing the white rabbit, this other Japanese girl was following her too.

It was just in this dreamworld. Gwen named me Angel, one idea is because I'm from the city of angels, I look out for others and an angelic trait of mine is that I guess I make people realise there's always two sides to the story, I kinda like the mediator making people see the other side of things you know.

One of my favourite parts about living in Gwen Stefani's fantasy world is that I'm surrounded by these three Japanese girls that are teaching me so much about my heritage because I'm fourth generation American, I didn't speak a lick of Japanese when I first started and they're just speaking Japanese all around me. Music is the goofiest, silliest person I know.

Music is very like straight up, like I'll ask for her advice and she'll just give it to me straight up even if she thinks it's gonna hurt me, she keeps is real. Love is the perfect name for love because she's so sweet and caring and free spirited.

Love is always like off in her own little world, getting ready to go on stage and all the sudden we're like, "Where's Love, where's Love?", and she's off like either in catering or like just doing her thing, stretching in the corner, she just has her headphones on, nobody knows what's going on.

When I first met Baby I thought she was so innocent and naive and just, you know this little young Japanese girl who just moved to America trying to dance. And she still is sweet and innocent and naive but she's also very smart and she knows what's up."(http://lamb.kuuchuu.net/)