Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shia LaBeouf has a new fan.



Its been creeping up on me for a while now, but its time for me to admit that I am officially a Shia LeBeouf fan.

For those of you in the UK there is a good chance that you won't know who Shia is, unless you were a fan of the Disney Channel comedy 'Even Stevens', but this guy is set to be huge in 07 and hopefully beyond.

I recently saw Shia in 'A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints' where he put in a solid dramatic performance, something that I didn't quite expect after seeing him on Disney Channel. Since then he has starred in 'Disturbia', a thriller based on Alfred Hitchcock's 'Rear Window' which I am hoping to see tonight. He has also signed on to star in the movie version of 'Transformers' and 'Indiana Jones 4', Cha Ching! Not too shabby for a Disney Channel kid.

What prompted me to make this post though was Shia'a performance on Saturday Night Live last night. While the skits were pretty poor, Shia's performances were hilarious, especially his portrayal of Toby McGuire as an allergy ridden wimp sitting atop a giant cupcake in Prince's house.

It's not often that I make a post just because I like someone but Shia is kind of like a male Rachel McAdams: Hilarious, talented and genuinely seems like a good person...and his name is a mix of Hebrew and French meaning 'Thank God for beef', what more could you want?