Sunday, February 25, 2007

ITS OSCAR TIME! LIVEBLOG!!



OSCAR TIME IS HERE! and so is my liveblog! I'm on British time, so apologies if that gets confusing!

11.08pm: Montage of British acheivement at the Oscars. Awesome.

11.16pm: Non-famous people start to arrive on the red carpet. I eat a mini muffin to pass the boredom.

11.18pm: Another muffin during the advert break. Delicious

11.21pm: Scary Asian lady stares over the shoulder of James McAvoy

11.38pm: Maggie Gyllenhaal admits to wearing 'giant pants' under her dress

11.40pm: A montage about Dame Judi Dench. Yawn

11.47pm: Cameron Diaz looks pretty hot but, not sure about the dress though..

11.50pm: Penelope Cruz...meh.

11.52pm: Jada Pinkett Smith looks less like a man than usual

11.53pm: Jessica Beil...WOW!

11.57pm: Emily Blunt looks as if she is wearing make up on every part of her body..and there is something up with her teeth too...oh wait, she's British.

12.00am: Jennifer Lopez and corpse husband appear on the scene

12.01am: Corpse husband is becoming frequently distracted.

12.02am: Jodie Foster asks 'who is still awake in the UK?' WE ARE WE ARE!

12.03am: Helen Mirren is a hottie and I'm not ashamed to say it

12.07am: Penelope Cruz may be wearing a dead ostrich

12.08pm: Leonardo DiCaprio may have mistaken olive oil for a hair product

12.25am: Will Smith is so ooold! Where oh where have the Fresh Prince days gone?

12.16am: Jennifer Hudson looks like 'they are just about to pop her in the oven with that dress' according to my mother. Whatever that means.

12.21am: Jessica Beil has M&Ms in her purse. I love her even more now.

12.23am: Cate Blanchett looks like a super-sexy fembot from the future. Wait...what?

12.29am: ugh, the lame half hour interlude where film critics you have never heard of speak total rubbish. Time for some more snacks.

12.32am: Ooh popcorn and flapjacks.

12.48am: I swear to god Dame Judi Dench could just take a shit on camera and they would nominate her for an Oscar, and this year she couldnt even be bothered to come! Knee operation, Shnee operation.

12.50am: Wait, shnee?

12.58am: The ceremony is about to start, and I am about to eat a giant baked potato..so there may be a lapse in coverage as I enjoy the cripy, buttery goodness.

1.02am: Nicole Kidman or little red riding ass?

1.21am: I love Ryan Gosling, solely for the fact that he brings his sister and mother to the ceremony and then says he's 'Doing it like snoop'. What a pimp. Well, not really.

1.30am: YAY ITS STARTED!

1.31am: Love the opening montage! love it!

1.33am: OK, its getting old now!

1.35am: Ok enough already, seriously, enough.

1.37am: Ellen? A velvet suit? Really?

1.39am: Ellen's opening monolgue: Perfect.

1.43am: Excellent Al Gore joke.

1.44am: I love the gospel Choir YES!

1.45am: Best Art Direction fgoes to 'Pan's Labrynth' YES! I WAS RIGHT! Also, Nicole Kidman you aren't supposed to say 'the winner is anymore'

1.45am: AMAZING SONG! I love Will Ferrel but hate Jack Black. Thats just life.

1.57am: Acheivement in makup goes to 'Pan's Labrynth@

2.01am: Best Animated Short goes to 'The Danish Poet'

2.04am: BEST LIVE ACTIONS SHORT GOES TO WEST BANK STORY!!!!! YES YES YES! AND THEY MENTIONED ASHLEYS NAME!!! GO ASHLEY!!!

2.14am: Best sound editing goes to Letters from Iwo Jima

2.18am: Best sound mixing goes to Dreamgirls

2.21am: Best supporting actor goes to Alan Arkin

2.31am: Jesus, just cut out the musical interludes instead of cutting people off mid-speech, wouldnt that be a better idea?

2.45am: Best Animated Feature goes to Happy Feet, the winner of the award, oddly enough looks remarkably like a penguin

2.50am: Best Adapted Screenplay goes to The Departed

3.00am: Best Costume Design goes to Marie Antoinette

3.05am: Tom Cruise is clearly wearing a girdle, you know he gorges his ass on twinkies...and that isn't a euphamism.

3.10am: YOU GUYS RULE! This post has already had nearly 6000 views in the past few hours, hey, I might not be Perez Hilton, but thats good enough for me!

3.12am: Does Gwenyth look hot or not? I just can't decide!

3.14am: Best Cinematography goes to Pan's Labrynth...RIGHT AGAIN! YESS!

3.20am: Best Visual Effects goes to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

3.30am: Best Foreign Language Feature goes to The Lives of Others (Germany)

3.35am: Best Supporting Actress goes to Jennifer Hudson

3.44am: Best Documentary Short Subject goes to The Blood of Yingzhou District

3.46am: Best Documentary Feature goes to An Inconvenient Truth

4.07am: Best Original Score goes to Babel

4.12am: Best Original Screenplay goes to Little Miss Sunshine! YAY!

4.18am: 7000 VIEWS! HOORAY HOORAY!Thanks everyone who is reading!

4.30am: Best Original Song goes to Melissa Etheridge (An Inconvenient Truth)

4.43am: Best Film Editing goes to The Departed

4.45am: I hate it when they play the montage of people who have died, it almost makes me want to cry. I said ALMOST. I just have something in my eye.

4.53am: Best Actress in a leading role goes to Helen Mirren. I love her.

5.01am: Best Actor in a leading role goes to Forest Whittaker

5.08am: Best Director goes to Martin Scorcese! Finally!

5.15am: Best Motion Picture of the year goes to THE DEPARTED..A movie which I watched on a plane, and gasped so loud that I woke the woman next to me up from her slumber. It was worth it.

5.17am: Waaah the show is over for another year, and so is my Oscar liveblog. I hope that all of you out there who read it enjoyed it. I will be posting loads of Oscar photos tomorrow so be sure to come back. For now however I am off for my 2 hours of sleep. Goodnight, and thanks to the 7500 of you who followed the Oscars along with me!

Alexx