Tuesday, June 20, 2006

It's Pow Wow Time Again...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An 8 year old Aztec boy in full regalia at Cleveland's annual Edgewater Pow Wow.

Unfortunately I'm back in Japan, just in time to miss it all. Luckily I was able to make a breif cameo at Cleveland's annual Pow Wow at Edgewater Park before getting back to work after a 10 day stay in my home sweet home of Ohio, known to almost every Japanese person I meet as the Good Morning State (^-^)/.

The last time I had the privledge of attending a Pow Wow was almost 2 years ago at Mohican, before begining my new life as a JET in Japan. You can read more about Pow Wows and see a lot more pictures here and here.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A young girl showing off her wonderfully colorful shawl during the fancy dance competition.

An Aztec teen sporting an impressive headdress at Edgewater's annual Pow Wow.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A young grass dancer tearing up the arena in some wicked regalia.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An aztec battle dance.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting